Thursday, August 3, 2017

Dragon Birthday

This month our challenge theme is "My Favourite Things". I have gone through my High Hopes stamps and the website and have chosen stamps that represent my favourite things and I will share a different my favourite thing each week.

This week my card brings back memories of camping with my family when I was younger. We always had a campfire - love a campfire! - at night and toasted marshmallows, made spider wieners or even the odd time had a hamburger made over the fire...maybe not the best bedtime snack but boy were they good! My nephew loves to build a fire and toast marshmallows too so I thought these stamps were perfect for his birthday card! He is turning 16 so I had to do something teenage and masculine - yikes!




I started by colouring my stamps with alcohol markers and hand fussy cutting them out. I cut my white cardstock piece and placed my circle die where I wanted it cut out. Next I placed my sentiment and with the help of my Misti, it is perfectly positioned. I added some night starry sky patterned paper behind the circle and some glittery gumdrops to finish off my card. The dragon is also popped up with foam pop dots just for fun. 

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Smore Dragon, Campfire- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Happy Birthday Block - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: The Great Outdoors - Echo Park
 Tuxedo Black ink - Memento,  Misti3D foam pop dots - Forever In Time, sterling sliver Spectrum Sparkle pen, Not Quite Navy ink - Stampin' Up, Best Glue Ever - ScraPerfect, classic circle die - Spellbinders, Ice Ice Baby Sparkly gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Markers: CG4 DG3 JG6 CG1 CG2 IG1 IG2 EB6 EB3 EB5 IG3 IG5 CT1 CT4 GB5 OR1
Copics: E31 E34 E37 



 Join us for our My Favourite Things challenge. Here's the link and a few details: August Challenge

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

Fikreta said...

Its awesome card!
love it!